• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by fl9m2004

That's true what's freight speed between cp216 to new haven while on metro north territory
  by DogBert

P&W left town (queens) again last night around 6:30. I suspect they'll run again tonight/outbound tomorrow evening, over hell gate around 6:30.

There has almost always been at least one of the 2 GATX SD60s on this run this year. The GEs vary more widely - a combo of the B40, B30 and B39s. I don't think I've seen one of their wide cab B40s at all in recent months. They were somewhat regular down here until the SD60s were leased.
  by freightguy

I think the wide cabs were restricted by Metro North they kept grounding the overhead wire...
  by DogBert

Ok, so P&W ran again yesterday evening (going north), which means it's highly unlike they'll be making another Saturday move today.

Hope I didn't get anyone's hopes up. it's been a reaaaaalllly long time (years?) since they broke the pattern of running on 2 consecutive days.
  by csx8851

Thank god I saw that message before I left my home on Saturday. I was planning to catch FPCH since it was "supposed to run" on Saturday. Apparently you saved me the hassle.
  by fl9m2004

Any Providence and Worcester freight trains the last 2 days
Didn't see it tonight like last week
  by ccutler

Saw an odd P&W consist around 5:30pm today going north over Hell Gate Bridge: 4 locos on the lead, 8 stone cars, and one loco on the rear.
  by csx8851

I remember a similar consist heading northbound when I was young. 3 GEs up front, one cabless unit I believe, with about 10 cars. This was years ago......
  by csx8851

Does anyone know if P&W is in town, I would like to see it leave if its in town this Friday.
  by csx8851

Y102 had an interesting consist today, around 70-80 cars with that LEF&C boxcar mentioned by someone. 4 units with 2 SD40-2s and 2 SD70Ms. A few tanks and empty centerbeams were thrown in there. The train was running surprisingly late at around 10:30am.
  by DogBert

P&W sometimes (rarely) puts one of their engines at the rear of the train. Not sure if it is necessary due to some switching move when they get back to CT or because the EOT died .

Many years ago csx had to do this because they ran light from op to Fremont and forgot the EOT. A single b36-7 pulled the 40 + car train over the bridge with a gp40 on the rear.

The csx trains were much shorter back then - it was around 10 years ago and the only time I saw cr or csx run with a loco on the rear.

(CP used to put LIRR diesels on the end when they were hauling them out for warranty work - after running around the train at oak point the LIRR unit would be behind the power.)
  by Backshophoss

With MNR cleaning up the Mess CSX made near DV-Marble Hill area,does anybody know how many empty trash cars left at Oak Point
for loading in the city or out on the Island?
  by expbusop

With the derailment on Metro North have there been any detours of CSX Selkirk-Oak Pt trains or are they waiting for cleanup to be finished?
  by wintower

At 2:00a. this morning something crossed over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. south to Fremont followed by another move at about 5:00a. also south to Fremont. Too dark and too much folaige to see anything.