• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by DogBert

Cuomo will listen to whoever pays the campaign donation ransom. I'm sure that drop in the bucket payment will allow any and all customers to ship whatever they want. I'll sign anyway though... He has show an anti-rail tendency with 'queensway', cmrr & adix.

Not to get too off topic...

CSX took LIRRs rail train with them empty today to oak point this morning, so that will probably be making its way to and from whereever it gets loaded...

P&W left around 6 with a good sized train of empties, just the two SD60s up front.
  by ccutler

A photo from Oak Point Yard midday today. And from the trash transload facility, with what appears to be a load of used cardboard.
  by DogBert

CSX dumped the air on hell gate last night, inbound to fresh pond... 4am? They kept moving shortly thereafter though. Maybe there were some hooligans on the tracks or something...
  by wintower

At 7:10p. noticed the P&W train northbound over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. with four engines and 88 cars.
  by csx8851

DogBert wrote:CSX dumped the air on hell gate last night, inbound to fresh pond... 4am? They kept moving shortly thereafter though. Maybe there were some hooligans on the tracks or something...

CSX ran into this issue a couple of times before too, are you sure it was hooligans or could it have been an air-hose issue? It seems like its becoming a common occurrence? Wonder whats up?
  by DogBert

No idea why they stopped - I'm just guessing it wasn't a broken hose since they kept moving shortly thereafter. Something or someone on the track would make sense.
  by gregorygrice

B749 cleared out most of Croton West Yard this morning. All that remains are propane cars for Burnwell and a LORAM caboose that appeared from somewhere. I assume Metro North is returning it.
  by wintower

At 6:40p. noticed the P&W train northbound over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. with 4 engines and about 75 cars.
  by wintower

At 11:00a. noticed the CSX train with 2 engines southbound over the mainline of the L.I.R.R.
  by DogBert

Noon time trash extra today, 2 SDs brought a little over 50 empty MSW's to fresh pond...
  by wintower

At 6:45p. saw P&W train northbound over the mainline of the L.I.R.R.
  by ccutler

I rode my bike past Oak Point Yard last night around 6:45:

Yet another customer has sprung up at Oak Point Yard. Two boxcars were spotted on the triple-track siding that was recently reconnected. I believe that customer ships out recyclable glass and cans, but I"m not sure. Maybe someone else knows?

Also a string of 16 70-ton boxcars was parked in the tracks that formerly went to the carfloats. Many of the warehouses near the yard are receiving boxcars now. The big recycling outfit's fudge-black container cars are shipping with higher frequency. Oak Point Yard was the fullest I've seen in years.
  by cr1991

ccutler wrote:Yet another customer has sprung up at Oak Point Yard. Two boxcars were spotted on the triple-track siding that was recently reconnected. I believe that customer ships out recyclable glass and cans, but I"m not sure. Maybe someone else knows?
That's Manhattan Beer.
  by DogBert

The usual early morning run + an extra to FP at 930am - 30-50 general merch cars... Some nice clean GATX boxes on this run.
  by cr1991

DogBert wrote:The usual early morning run + an extra to FP at 930am - 30-50 general merch cars... Some nice clean GATX boxes on this run.

That wasn't an extra. The Y101 went over light power to Fresh Pond and made 1 return trip with cars.