• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by DogBert

Well... here's a first. Sunday csx extra going towards fresh pond. Probably a good 60-80 empty C&D cars. 2 sd60s up front.

I guess maybe there was a backup at the unloading site.
  by wintower

At 2:05p. noticed two engines light northbound over the mainline of the L.I.R.R.
  by ccutler

Attached is a photo of Oak Point Yard from about a week ago. A long string of about 15 LPG cars were in the yard. They also seem to be storing long strings of box cars in the yard and on the smaller yard that leads to the former marine transfer facility.
  by freightguy

I would say now that Croton yard locals are based out of Oak Point, the LPG 1075 is cars bound for Burnwell/Paraco in Peekskill, NY
  by fl9m2004

Wonder if tonights fpch will be the long 96 cars that I saw last Wednesday around 9:30pm
  by fl9m2004

Car count would be helpful also if its those sd60's
  by csx8851

Alrighty bro, I got to the Metropolatian Av underpass (where they have all the trains that depart FP are set-up) just in the knick of time. No pictures though, but I can say that FPCH that night had 2 SD60s, 1 B39, and 1 CEFX SD40-2 in that order. The power was backing up and coupled to the cars. After that, which was around 5:40pm, I dont know whether they left or not because I never saw them again oddly when I returned to my original rail-fanning spot a few miles from there (6:15pm)

Where did FPCH go?? LOL
  by Backshophoss

How long will West Croton yard be unavaible? or how long it will take to rehab that yard?
  by gregorygrice

Backshophoss wrote:How long will West Croton yard be unavaible? or how long it will take to rehab that yard?
They've been ding track work little by little. Ties on the south end lead track have been replaced.
  by DogBert

csx8851 wrote:Alrighty bro, I got to the Metropolatian Av underpass (where they have all the trains that depart FP are set-up) just in the knick of time. No pictures though, but I can say that FPCH that night had 2 SD60s, 1 B39, and 1 CEFX SD40-2 in that order. The power was backing up and coupled to the cars. After that, which was around 5:40pm, I dont know whether they left or not because I never saw them again oddly when I returned to my original rail-fanning spot a few miles from there (6:15pm)

Where did FPCH go?? LOL
If I recall right they went over the bridge at 6pm. It doesn't take a whole lot of time for a freight to get from FP to hell gate. 15, 20 minutes? CSX is usually a little slower since they have loads both ways.
  by fl9m2004

Was there that big 96 car stone hoppers this week
Most of them from last week where gatx
  by csx8851

"Was there that big 96 car stone hoppers this week
Most of them from last week where gatx"

No clue sir. Never saw a FPCH that week

"If I recall right they went over the bridge at 6pm. It doesn't take a whole lot of time for a freight to get from FP to hell gate. 15, 20 minutes? CSX is usually a little slower since they have loads both ways."

Wow, no wonder I didnt see them again. They left at 5:47pm from FP, so only 10 minutes or so to the Hells Gate. Damn, another one of these moments were FPCH gets the best of me. At least I caught that CEFX SD40-2 unit. Really wanted to see that thing during this summer.
  by wintower

At 1:00p. noticed the CSX train with 4 engines and about 35 cars southbound over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. It returned north over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. at 2:45p. with about 65 cars.