• CSX Charlotte Runner

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by charlie6017

I would be interested Don, if it's during the week, but I would think most people would want to meet on a weekend day.

Charlie
  by BR&P

charlie6017 wrote:I would be interested Don, if it's during the week, but I would think most people would want to meet on a weekend day.

Charlie
I was figuring on a weekend for most people, but does not have to be.
  by RailKevin

I am up for a walk in the woods.
  by BR&P

This Saturday is supposed to be quite cold, and I am tied up Sunday. Next weekend I'm out of town. What if we aimed for either the 18th or 19th, to be determined by what works for the most folks on here, and obviously subject to weather? Maybe aiming for 2 weeks out will give anybody interested time to schedule it, and even if it turns warm the brush is not going to fill in that soon.
  by sd80mac

BR&P wrote:Going back to our discussions several pages back regarding Yates Dock, sometime pretty soon would be a good time to make a hike of the area while the brush is still dormant. Perhaps meet at the parking lot for the park, at the foot of Boxart Street, and walk down across the bridge over the turning basin. Anybody interested in setting something up?
I'm in!

would be either Sat (Flex on hours) or Sunday (in the morning only since I need to hit the road for Long Island) Keep me in loop on date and time
  by C2629

If it fits my wife's schedule I'd be interested.
  by BR&P

C2629 wrote:If it fits my wife's schedule I'd be interested.
Sounds good!

CPSmith is wintering in warmer latitudes I believe. But then again he's already seen it, altho with summer foliage hiding a lot of it.
  by BR&P

BR&P wrote:This Saturday is supposed to be quite cold, and I am tied up Sunday. Next weekend I'm out of town. What if we aimed for either the 18th or 19th, to be determined by what works for the most folks on here, and obviously subject to weather? Maybe aiming for 2 weeks out will give anybody interested time to schedule it, and even if it turns warm the brush is not going to fill in that soon.
Guess it goes without saying, but I don't think THIS weekend is going to work! :P We'll try again when things melt.
  by sd80mac

BR&P wrote:
BR&P wrote:This Saturday is supposed to be quite cold, and I am tied up Sunday. Next weekend I'm out of town. What if we aimed for either the 18th or 19th, to be determined by what works for the most folks on here, and obviously subject to weather? Maybe aiming for 2 weeks out will give anybody interested time to schedule it, and even if it turns warm the brush is not going to fill in that soon.
Guess it goes without saying, but I don't think THIS weekend is going to work! :P We'll try again when things melt.

you must have something better at home than what weatherpeople have at work that give you better forecast in long term.. :P
  by BR&P

sd80mac wrote:you must have something better at home than what weatherpeople have at work that give you better forecast in long term.. :P
Ken, those weather girls may be better looking than me, but I've got something which sadly seems to be quite rare these days - common sense! It tells me that either there will be so much snow on the ground we won't be able to see much, or it will have all melted and the earth will be a giant mudhole. Either way, I'm out'a there! Image
  by C2629

BR&P, you must be getting soft in your old age, 55 years ago you would have walked down the right away to Charlotte looking for the first belt and it's 3 or 4 RS-1s on a day like today.
  by BR&P

C2629 wrote:BR&P, you must be getting soft in your old age, 55 years ago you would have walked down the right away to Charlotte looking for the first belt and it's 3 or 4 RS-1s on a day like today.
You produce the 4 RS-1's at Charlotte, and I'll gladly walk from Barnard's to Charlotte in any weather you care to select! Image
  by Matt Langworthy

If anyone can string 3 or 4 operating RS-1s together, I'll guarantee you the foam would be deeper than the snow we have now.
  by sd80mac

Matt Langworthy wrote:If anyone can string 3 or 4 operating RS-1s together, I'll guarantee you the foam would be deeper than the snow we have now.

Then let's start to call around and collect them for weekend lease....
  by Matt Langworthy

sd80mac wrote:
Matt Langworthy wrote:If anyone can string 3 or 4 operating RS-1s together, I'll guarantee you the foam would be deeper than the snow we have now.

Then let's start to call around and collect them for weekend lease....
Does anyone know a lottery winner? lol