• CSX Boston and Albany Line

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by MBTA1016

Is this a csx train or did it just happen on csx rails? I never did hear which train company was hauling the freight.
  by frrc

Mbta fan wrote:Is this a csx train or did it just happen on csx rails? I never did hear which train company was hauling the freight.
CSX trackage...CSX train

J
  by MBTA1016

frrc wrote:
Mbta fan wrote:Is this a csx train or did it just happen on csx rails? I never did hear which train company was hauling the freight.
CSX trackage...CSX train

J
Thanks none of the tv stations I watched gave the train company name.
  by Teamdriver

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

CSX seeks relief for restless neighbors
Residents told that a 'tweak' may ease late-night rail noise
LATE-NIGHT TRAIN NOISE AN ISSUE

WORCESTER — CSX has promised to further “tweak” its operations so Lake Avenue area residents can get some relief from overnight train-related noise at a nearby warehouse that has affected their quality of life.

Maurice O'Connell, CSX vice president of government affairs, told a group of roughly 75 people at Roosevelt School Monday night that the rail giant is making the issue “a priority,” and is working hard to address it in a timely fashion.

He said CSX is looking at two strategies meant to get freight trains to service its warehouse customer on Atlas Street earlier in the evening rather than late at night or early in the morning, as has often been the case.
http://www.telegram.com/article/20130226/NEWS/102269845
  by railman616

The current operating plan for the Regency (Sacks) warehouse has been in place for more then 6 years. It came about when the Westford Auto yard shut down and the work load for the locals needed to be adjustment. Sacks was seviced by the morning switcher at Worcester before the changes to the locals. Now that the MBCR has control of the B&A to CP45 the window for servicing this customer is forced to after the evening rush hour commuter traffic. The MBCR will want our trains to only run late night as is the case in Middleboro now. The horn blowing issue is the same as the East Brookfield problem in that when you pass a stand train you are require to sound the horn per Rule 14i.
  by Backshophoss

CSX has turned over the ROW to MBCR,but as I understand it,the CSX Selkirk DS still dispatching the route currently.
Did CSX finally turnover dispatching control to MBCR?
  by Knucklehead

railman616 wrote:The current operating plan for the Regency (Sacks) warehouse has been in place for more then 6 years. It came about when the Westford Auto yard shut down and the work load for the locals needed to be adjustment. Sacks was seviced by the morning switcher at Worcester before the changes to the locals. Now that the MBCR has control of the B&A to CP45 the window for servicing this customer is forced to after the evening rush hour commuter traffic. The MBCR will want our trains to only run late night as is the case in Middleboro now. The horn blowing issue is the same as the East Brookfield problem in that when you pass a stand train you are require to sound the horn per Rule 14i.

722 has been switching late at night for several years...why the bitching now? Does the MBCR run more trains now that they took over?

Does that mean they will adjust the time for 723 too?
  by 130MM

Backshophoss wrote:CSX has turned over the ROW to MBCR,but as I understand it,the CSX Selkirk DS still dispatching the route currently.
No.

DAW
  by MNCRR9000

Backshophoss wrote:CSX has turned over the ROW to MBCR,but as I understand it,the CSX Selkirk DS still dispatching the route currently.
If I'm not mistaken even if CSX transferred ownership to the MBCR don't the CP's have to be rewired to the Boston CETC in order to control the line?
  by Backshophoss

As I understand it,Amtrak's CETC controls to CP 3,From CP 3 to Worcester is currently CSX DS in Selkirk,
will be MBCR DS, not Amtrak's CETC.
  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Backshophoss wrote:As I understand it,Amtrak's CETC controls to CP 3,From CP 3 to Worcester is currently CSX DS in Selkirk,
The CP's are being rewired to T control individually, so right now it's a mix of T and CSX control that is tilting more and more majority-T with each change-out. There's no single handoff date...it's advancing gradually until whenever it's done.
  by Knucklehead

F-line to Dudley via Park wrote:
Backshophoss wrote:As I understand it,Amtrak's CETC controls to CP 3,From CP 3 to Worcester is currently CSX DS in Selkirk,
The CP's are being rewired to T control individually, so right now it's a mix of T and CSX control that is tilting more and more majority-T with each change-out. There's no single handoff date...it's advancing gradually until whenever it's done.
I noticed while driving into Boston last week that several signals were lit, even though there were no trains in the circuit. Does the T not use approach lighting for their signals, or are they defective?
  by charlie6017

I was under the impression that the entire B&A had continuously lit wayside signals that were only
at interlockings.

Charlie
  by Backshophoss

A CP at a time approach, whatever works.
CSX did not let MBCR do any advance work before the ROW changed hands.:(