• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by GSC

Great videos as always. Nice rare daytime return. Would you guys please caption the locations, so those not familiar with the area can find these spots? Or in the comments section below the video?
  by CR7876

R&DB wrote:
ANRP2 wrote:
CR7876 wrote:The next week there will be a contractor on the Southern Sec measuring for Plate F clearance.
Can you give a rundown of the obstructions?
Plate F is 17' height. The only Height clearances in question are:
Tinton Ave.
GS Parkway (4)
US Navy rail
US Navy Esperance Rd.
NJ 33/34
NJ 70
Any possibly low hanging utility wires

The only other consideration is turn radius. There are to large curves, Eatontown and South Lakewood. Some of the stub sidings may also have tight radius turns.

Perhaps the contractor is being hired for track geometry as well as Plate F clearances? Why now?
Tinton Ave is the lowest bridge, but any 17'0 car would be to tall for NJCL, but not for Amtrak and a rebuilt Freehold line.
My guess is either Woodhaven or Earle wants Plate F cars.
  by Jersey Rail FIlmmakers

GSC wrote:Great videos as always. Nice rare daytime return. Would you guys please caption the locations, so those not familiar with the area can find these spots? Or in the comments section below the video?
Thanks! No problem I will start doing that now lol.

There may be a possibility of a run today, due to Thursday is Thanksgiving. I heard no horns so far and nothing on my scanner; so they could be doing a late run, or they snuck down before 3:00
  by RailsEast

Thanks, will listen for them. The run has been on Wednesday for the past couple of years, so we'll see what happens this year.....
  by ANRP2

R&DB wrote:
ANRP2 wrote:
CR7876 wrote:The next week there will be a contractor on the Southern Sec measuring for Plate F clearance.
Can you give a rundown of the obstructions?
Plate F is 17' height. The only Height clearances in question are:
Tinton Ave.
GS Parkway (4)
US Navy rail
US Navy Esperance Rd.
NJ 33/34
NJ 70
Any possibly low hanging utility wires

The only other consideration is turn radius. There are to large curves, Eatontown and South Lakewood. Some of the stub sidings may also have tight radius turns.

Thanks.

Perhaps the contractor is being hired for track geometry as well as Plate F clearances? Why now?

I heard nothing overnight... it is an 80% chance they will run today...
I don't know if the SA31 will run in freehold today, it could just be the Southern Secondary

I would also like to report...
CSX 6228 GP40-2 is back in Browns Yard lol.
  by NJT4149

Per an extremely reliable source, the train will be on the Southern on Friday. They are going on the Heightstown Industrial and Freehold Industrial today

Permission on Church Connecting Track 3:09pm

Permission to Open Church, 3:30pm

Today's power will be CSX 6159 shf with 9 cars today.
Idk where it is though

Clear on the Southern 4:30
  by RailsEast

Approaching Maxwell Rd in Eatontown at 4:45 in the pm with 9 Woodhavens; first time down the Southern, I believe, for CSX 6159.
Cchris

I Don't know, But right now I hear a K5LA and it sounds like CSX 6159... have no idea if they could get back this early. But I think I hear the SA38 at 11:37pm