• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by nomis

Tanker, that FB post is not open to the public ...
  by Bracdude181

Won’t be able to provide info on SA31 today. A member of my family is away on vacation and I’m on pet duty lol.

For those out and about chasing the train requiring a location, refer to the following website or have a scanner tuned to 161.23500 and listen for SA31. They typically show up in South Amboy around 3 PM and get on the Coast Line between 3:20 and 3:40.

https://m.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/22265

In addition, most likely they will leave Lakewood tomorrow and head north between 8 AM and 3 PM. I think SA38 has been abolished...

Y’all have fun. :wink:
  by GSC

Permission at Church at 3:48.
  by GSC

Lined and locked at 4:02. Nice female voice who speaks in actual sentences, answering to two-word grunts and static. Thanks for the Broadcastify link.
  by GSC

NJ Rail told SA31 to "keep it under 20" and then told them to give Coast Line a call, at 4:24 pm. Didn't say where they were.
  by RailsEast

Looks like they received a PTC penalty for some reason on the way down. Locomotives are all messed up as well, they are facing in all different directions. Holy smokes, what a day...
  by Bracdude181

What’s going on? Is this another transit PTC issue? They never put their PTC in right so they’ve had nothing but problems with it.

Of course the day I can’t come out is the day something weird happens!
  by RailsEast

CSX 6228 lhf led CSX 4451 shf for a nose-to-nose lash-up this afternoon. Something happened where 6228 went into penalty mode on the Coast Line and dispatcher said to keep it under 20 for the trip to Red Bank. They didn't hit the Southern until 5:00 in the pm. I think they had 17 lumber this week.
  by R&DB

There seems to be a problem with the CSAO regular service. Hopefully D&D will be able to correct the issue.
  by CharlieL

And hopefully they'll get FIT and the Southern connected soon, so they can do that !
  by RailsEast

A report from the field indicates motive power issues in Farmingdale. It seems that the train is not able to continue at this time (9:30 in the pm). Let's hope they can get things rolling soon...
  by Bracdude181

That explains why I can’t find it.

Conrail Quality!
  by Bracdude181

Well, there was a Conrail work truck parked at the Country Farm store in Farmingdale. Sat there for a bit and left. Nothing else so far.

Something tells me they may not get out of town tonight. Hopefully I’m wrong.
  by Bracdude181

Train was still down there when I left around 11 PM. No one was working on the train from what I could see. They will probably m go try to fix it tomorrow and go from there. Perhaps we will see a rescue engine if we are lucky.

It should be noted that an event like this has occurred previously. When it did, the train sat for anywhere between 1-5 days and took several days to get back to Browns. (Depending on the engine/incident) Whether or not this will be a repeat of said incidents remains to be seen...
  by Bracdude181

Any news on the train?

Edit: A friend of mine in Lakewood says he did not hear the train go through last night or this morning. Once I finish a few things on my end I’ll go find this train and see what’s going on.