• Corridor One (A dead issue?)

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

by Lackawanna565

I went down to Harrisburg on tuesday to ride the Keystone Corridor. At the station they still had a sign for the service. It said it was going to start this past fall. I just looked at the website and there was no updates on it. What is going on with it?
  by NJTSmurf

Finally gave me an excuse to create an account, anyways, here is where the project is at:

I would say it is currently on life support, the biggest problem is that the state has never put up the 10million to operate the line. All studies and federal money for capital costs are in place. Thus, it has stalled and may soon be dead. Other factors that have also added to problems receiving state support is apathy from PennDOT (and at time opposition) and vocal opposition from Cumberland County Commissioners. (both against rail in Cumberland County and the project in general)

Full Disclosure, all information comes from a relative that works at Capital Area Transit, the sponsoring authority of CorridorOne.
  by Suburban Station

hopefully it dies. you could just run a keystone train to lancaster and back a couple times. there's no need for an entirely new service.
  by raytylicki

Well with NS pulling the cat from the Port Line where does that lead us? It is intreesting that Harissburgh PA is a small city that wont grow because of short sighted people. Its one of the smallest state captials despite being in a state with 10 million people