Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and transit operators in California past and present including Los Angeles Metrolink and Metro Subway and Light Rail, San Diego Coaster, Sprinter and MTS Trolley, Altamont Commuter Express (Stockton), Caltrain and MUNI (San Francisco), Sacramento RTD Light Rail, and others...

Moderator: lensovet

#142427  by jg greenwood

Anyone have any info as to how operations are going with this new operator?
 #168399  by Thomas I

jg greenwood wrote:Anyone have any info as to how operations are going with this new operator?
What did you want to know? In Germany Connex is very common an operates many services...

#237308  by pennsy

Hi,

Looks like things are working out for the best. Schedules are still pretty tight, service is about the same. I used to enjoy being able to sit up front on the cabbage car and shoot the breeze with the engineman and usually other enginemen being taken back to LATC. Now the area is roped off and the passengers are forbidden to enter the area, isolating the engineman. This might just be good since I was got burned by an Amtrak engineman that was less than hospitable, friendly, and wanted to shoot the breeze. I got away from that fellow in a hurry. In the words of the fellas at the Train Stop, San Dimas, model rr hobby shop, "He was a Jerk."