• Columbia Junction (Red Line) Derailment 6/11/19

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Rbts Stn

Define "Long delays"

There were never "long delays" per se. There was reduced service, and delays of 10-20 minutes (occasionally longer) during the time of reconstruction, but generally nothing worse than that
  by danib62

Back to regular service with the associated shorter delays of that. See my signature.
  by Head-end View

LOL So why (ahem!) would they have to be apologizing for "normal" service on the Red Line? That's a pretty sad commentary.
  by Commuterrail1050

And they still haven't fixed the southbound red line signals at jfk weeks after they claimed they did even though none of them are on except the northbound ones.
  by Head-end View

Well I rode the Red Line last week in the rain. It was during the mid-day hours and there were no delays at all. I was lucky enough to get an odd numbered 1800 series car on the head-end for a good forward view inbound. I did see one bagged signal northbound but the ride was good in both directions.