Railroad Forums 

• Coach Round-the-Country Trip - Originating Message

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#33241  by dvdfan

While I know that most here do call coach an endurance test, I've found that I've handled it pretty well on trips via the Lake Shore Limited from Chicago to NYC.

I am a fairly young (25) traveller who has come to greatly enjoy Amtrak in the few times I have been a passenger on it. Given my young age, I kind of want to take a major trip while I can and am not in a career yet.

Lately, I have been thinking about taking this trip in the Fall (and yes, I am serious):

Chicago-DC (Captiol Limited/coach)
DC-New Orleans (Cresent/sleeper)
-overnight in New Orleans
New Orleans - LAX (Sunset Limited/coach)
LAX - Seattle (Coast Starlight/sleeper)
-overnight in Seattle
Seattle-Chicago (Empire Builder/coach)

Overall, about 10 days or so.

Anyone think this would be too rough for anyone to try and do? Are there some alterations that I could do to this trip plan that would be similar and work better? From what I can see, connections would be pretty decent, with no major risks.
 #37937  by Gilbert B Norman

This originating message got separated from the replies during necessary file maintenance. It will be "stickied" so long as there is active discussion at the reply topic thread.

I ap[ologize toi the originaotr for this occurrence.