• CNJ Fest, SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 24, 2006

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

by CAR_FLOATER

Well, I must say, it's too bad that the general consensus was unhappy with yesterday's turnout, but I can't say I blame most people.
However, I do have to say the people who did put it together were very helpful, and tried to make the best of it. And I am "in the know" so to speak, that next year's festival will be put together right, and should knock everyone's socks off.
I was there at 10:30, set up my display table, and from 12 until 3, presented my Power Point shows in the auditorium, even if unless you were told (or were curious enough to walk in and look), you wouldn't have known about it. However, after having done presentations this summer t the NMRA national convention for 60 people in one shot, a room full of 8 was a nice, intimate showing and fun, if you ask me.
I know it is difficult to get everyone who are fans (and that we all mostly know each other by our handles anyway) to meet all in one place, at one time, but maybe next year we can really make a effort ahead of time to work out those details so we can all "meet and greet". I am glad to have met the people I did, and a good time was had by all that I spoke to.

CF

by Jtgshu

@#$$%*Y^%(^&

I forgot all about it, i thought it was next weekend

!#@$%%^^& grrrrrrrrrrrrrr oh well

by CJPat

I am deeply sorry I missed Car_Floaters presentation.

by CAR_FLOATER

CJPat -

I'm sorry that you, as well as many others apparently did as well, miss it too.......The "advertising" of it was next to non-existant, I was lucky to have anyone attend at all.
If you know of any historical groups down your way that would be interetsed in such a presentation, let me know.

CF

by CNJFAN

There used to be a CNJ Festival website and I can't seem to locate it anymore, anyone know what's up with that?
  by CAR_FLOATER

You are correct, there was one, but it is no more. The original owner of it (who was also the original promoter/braintrust behing the first festival) was an Austrailian gentleman who has since taken the site down. However, there are a core group of us who are binding together to make sure next years Festival will be a return to the "days of old" so to speak, and we are trying to get permission from the old website's owner to reactivate it, or baring that, build a new one. Please stay tuned for more info as it becomes available.

CF

by CNJFAN

Thanks Floater