Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by RPM2Night

NIMBYkiller wrote:They were going insane last year b/c the train was blocking Clinton Rd for HOURS! It was the greatest thing I had ever seen. I really felt like mouthin off to one of them, but I figured let them burn them selves out.
Are they really that lazy and or spoiled where they can'd drive a few blocks down to Merrick Ave....or even cut through the NCC property? Damn brats! Hell, they could even go a few blocks west, isn't there an underpass for the road there?

I've always wondered, but never asked....how do they get the animals and equipment to MSG? Last I saw they were parking the circus train right between the lead tunnels for Penn, and Sunnyside yard. Do they drive the animals from there to MSG on trucks?

by NIMBYkiller

All crossings on the secondary are at grade.

by thrdkilr

NIMBY, I know you've got the hots for the nimbys of GC, but 90% of the people who use Clinton don't live there (most are people who live in the county and use Clinton for north south access), especially at that time of day. GC is only 2 or 3 miles wide there, so why would the few who live in GC set there and go off for 10 minutes, when they go around and be home in 5 minutes. If they were going down town to GC, they would use Stewart, Chestnut, Meadow.....for east-west access....

by NIMBYkiller

Point taken....

by BuddM3

WHAT TIME WILL THE TRAIN COME IN