Railroad Forums 

• CharlieCard / Ticket discussion

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#296641  by NealG

danib62 wrote: When I tried to hand it to the conductor he just looked at it and continued on his way. I then point out that it's just one way and he remarks that he hadn't seen those before and thought it was just a pass. He took it from me and thanked me for keeping him up to date on the new system.
Nice to know that the T and associated entities are keeping employeed up-to-date.

#296724  by Robert Paniagua

sabourinj wrote:
savebowdoin wrote:Are you sure you bought a one way ticket? I didn't think the machines were selling single tickets, just 12-rides and passes.

Mike
Yup - for the past month or so the FVMs also sell one way tickets. Press Tickets, then the Yellow Commuter Rail button and you get all the CR ticket options.
Oh, you can get CR tickets via FVM? I hope I can. especially with my reduced fare card that I got, and maybe I can get a Zone 6 too in addition to Zone 2.

#296725  by sabourinj

Robert Paniagua wrote:
sabourinj wrote:
savebowdoin wrote:Are you sure you bought a one way ticket? I didn't think the machines were selling single tickets, just 12-rides and passes.

Mike
Yup - for the past month or so the FVMs also sell one way tickets. Press Tickets, then the Yellow Commuter Rail button and you get all the CR ticket options.
Oh, you can get CR tickets via FVM? I hope I can. especially with my reduced fare card that I got, and maybe I can get a Zone 6 too in addition to Zone 2.
I know you can purchase the 10-ride reduced fare without needing to tap your CharlieCard, not sure if you tap the card you get different options for CR yet or not.

#296821  by sjd0356

The turnstiles at North Station are gone as of this afternoon.

#296905  by Ron Newman

The north exit from Forest Hills station is blocked off with yellow tape and barricades. Are Charlie gates being installed there?

#296920  by mattster

Clearly something is wrong with the gates at the far end of Park Street B/C/D/E. Today the doors were locked from the outside and exit-only once again.

#296960  by octr202

mattster wrote:Clearly something is wrong with the gates at the far end of Park Street B/C/D/E. Today the doors were locked from the outside and exit-only once again.
Or, more likely, after decades of them being locked from the outside someone just forgot to unlock them this morning? :wink:

#296967  by jck

There was yellow tape at the Winter street entrance last night, so it was more than just someone forgetting to open the grate.

Two of the normal gates were stuck open at Central inbound this morning. Why on earth can't the station attendants close these things manually, and mark them out of service until they can be repaired?

#296993  by sabourinj

savebowdoin wrote:That former exit-only kiosk is [theoretically] open for entry??? That is welcome news. Park Street is suddenly twice as accessable.

Also welcome news is the FVMs selling single ride CR tickets. Is this true at all stations?

Mike
Yes, all the FVMs have the new software version that vends all the CR ticket options.

#297837  by patb96

Are they going to use charlietickets on the CR eventually (by november, when the charliecard comes out) or are they going to stick with the old hole-punched ones?

Speaking of the charliecard, they plan to have all the stations converted by the time it comes out right?

#298172  by jamesinclair

Has it been said that half of the turnstyles at Copley, In bound, have been roped off with yellow tape?

#298189  by AznSumtinSumtin

patb96 wrote:Are they going to use charlietickets on the CR eventually (by november, when the charliecard comes out) or are they going to stick with the old hole-punched ones?
If by CharlieTickets you mean stored value tickets, I'm not sure. There were plans to equip conductors with handheld CharlieTicket and CharlieCard readers, but I'm not sure if they're still going to do that.

If by CharlieTickets you mean commuter rail tickets stored on CharlieTickets, they're already doing that. It's the same thing as a regular CR ticket, but all the info and stuff is printed on the back of the ticket.

#298260  by patb96

I dont think there's any room for FVMs on the inbound side of Copley, but that's me.

#298293  by sjd0356

There are a new fare gates sittingin the bus waiting room at Davis. I saw at least 2 but I was on a bus so I couldn't exactly how many.

#299417  by BigRock

Porter Square is now Charlie-ized.