• Ch-7 News (WABC) 11pm May 13th

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by SK2MY

Dream keys are also used to access some of our Trainmens' rooms. Some locations require employees to punch in a lock code, but others require the use of a dream key.

by AMoreira81

This news story, in my opinion, seems to unfairly target the Authority because of negative publicity its NYC Transit and MTA Bus Co. divisions already get. This is an industry-wide problem which should have come to the forefront after 9/11. This seems to be a ratings ploy to some extent.

by bingdude

AMoreira81 wrote: This seems to be a ratings ploy to some extent.
To ALL extent. I didn't see the story. But 'tis the season. The Teaser (the promotion for the story that runs all day long before it) is always made up in a way to make the story at 11 look like it will show the sky falling. And like everything else, when you get to see the story, it's not at all what was promised.

Railroads are an easy target for the "Newsmakers." Just walk around and point to something rusty or oily and say on camera: "Just LOOK at this rusty, old (etc, etc) equipment! Our safety is at stake!"

by Long Island 7285

They did the same thing with the filth on the old pullmans.

they were a big pressure besides commuters on the DE/C3's comming to be.

yes the pullmans were old, but if the LIRR could they would of probly pushed them a bit longer.