• Catskill Mountain Railroad (CMRR) Discussion - 2015

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Steve F45

Does chuggington have a special train similar to how thomas goes to railroads like you guys?

and thats awesome that they are repairing the washout. Do you have any pics of this washout?
  by eehiv

The Ulster County Legislature last night passed a resolution to create a special committee to review the U&D corridor and hire a consultant to help determine the long-term strategy for the corridor.

This was fiercely opposed by the County Executive and the Trail advocates, but passed anyway 21-1. The new resolution effectively cancels the resolution from last year to convert the corridor to a trail from Kingston to Boiceville.

It is a move forward to a rational dialogue on the future of the corridor.

http://ulstercountyny.gov/sites/default ... 5-15_3.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EH
  by airman00

The county repairing washouts... new resolutions passed that are more railroad friendly... This is really great news!! :-)

After looking over that resolution... one thing is that those "groups" that are more trail friendly will no doubt bend that advisory committees ears as much as possible. So the farther you guys can get repaired/rebuilt with trackage the more "ammo" you can have on your side.
  by scoostraw

eehiv wrote:This was fiercely opposed by the County Executive and the Trail advocates, but passed anyway 21-1. EH
Your hard work is paying off Ernie. This is very encouraging. Thanks for the update.
  by Sir Ray

AMTK822401 wrote:The railroad has been doing alot of "cleaning house" and preparations for the season. I won't reveal any details, but I will say that Ulster County won't know what hit them :wink:
Full Class 5 double-tracked grade-separated overhead-electrified CTC-controlled rail line, Kingston to Roxbury (in conjunction with the Delaware & Ulster), correct?
If not, everyone will be quite disappointed with you guys... :P
  by BandA

AMTK822401 wrote:
scoostraw wrote:
eehiv wrote:This was fiercely opposed by the County Executive and the Trail advocates, but passed anyway 21-1. EH
Your hard work is paying off Ernie. This is very encouraging. Thanks for the update.
The railroad has been doing alot of "cleaning house" and preparations for the season. I won't reveal any details, but I will say that Ulster County won't know what hit them :wink:
Looking forward to reading the detailed updates again this season. Hope you build even more public support.
  by eehiv

CNJ 1198 left Kingston last April 14th:

http://photos.greatrails.net/s/?p=223263" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CNJ 1204 was loaded today and heads out tomorrow:

http://photos.greatrails.net/s/?p=223451" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Both coaches will have a new life at the Everett Railroad in PA.

EH
  by airman00

That's great news those coaches getting a new life! What about the 2 freight cars? I hope you guys keep and use them. I like freight cars, and it would be nice to see cmrr painted freight cars on a MOW train! :-) I believe that also brings the storage fleet from 6 cars to 4, which brings you guys a little closer to clearing the mainline!
  by greenwichlirr

eehiv wrote: This was fiercely opposed by the County Executive and the Trail advocates, but passed anyway 21-1.
It's lines like that which really make me smile. Seriously. That is *fantastic* news!
  by Sir Ray

This was probably asked in the CMRR 2014 thread, but just wondering - was the only freight consignee under the CMRR era a C&D or MSW transfer station somewhere in Kingston (that's the impression I have - I stand ready to be corrected). Seems like there wasn't any freight by 1976, at least from this Wiki Entry on the U&D.
The follow up question would be, could there be any reasonable expectation of freight customers on the line nowadays? Not much stood out when tracing via Google Maps
  by eehiv

EL 4322 will be moved to PA for restoration; the LG has been sold and will be moved off-site; and the two remaining freight cars will be used for MOW duty. EH
  by BandA

So, that will leave the row clear for crews to work on it more easily. But new rolling stock will have to be acquired later for expansion?