Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Jeff Smith

Janine,

Regarding your post as follows:

"Since it is impossible to locate an administrator to this site, I will just put the post on the public forum. It has been brought to my attention that there is at least one post written by Janine. I have read one of the posts. This person appears to be operating dual modes and is making comments about such operation. I am taking offense to the fact that my name, including the spelling, is being used to post opinions about train operation, and prettiness of trains. I did not write any posts with the name Janine. I would appreciate a disclaimer written with all posts posted by Janine; I would like it known that the author of such posts is not the Engineer currently working for said company this forum speaks about. Thank you in advance for your cooperation."

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I'm a little concerned you couldn't find an administrator; there are a couple of places you could find a link to this address, including the home page for "Contact Us" and also at the bottom of each page where it says "The Team".

The way I understand it, you believe someone is impersonating you. While Janine is in itself a common name, I can imagine that the number of engineers working for the LIRR named Janine is not more than one, which is what I think you are inferring. While I have no way of determining for myself who the real "Janine" is, I take allegations of impersonation along with abuse and privacy very seriously.

I will approve your post, and suspend the user account Janine. That user is free to contact me at [email protected] to use another alias or provide an explanation of why they believe this user name does not pose a conflict. User names are often alias' or otherwise provide some type of anonymity to the member so that they can post without fear of exposure or retaliation. In this case, I think there is too much opportunity for confusion.

Best regards,

Jeff Smith
Site Admin