Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by schmidy

I was at the campbell hall train station and I notice metro north had a yard there. I was wondering what they used the yard for and what crafts were based out of that yard and if there was any other yards on the port jervis line?
  by truck6018

At a minimum there are signal department crews, station custodians and conductors flags based out of there. There could be more.
  by Passaic River Rat

schmidy wrote:I was at the campbell hall train station and I notice metro north had a yard there. I was wondering what they used the yard for and what crafts were based out of that yard and if there was any other yards on the port jervis line?
MM has some offices and equipment there, but unless something changed over the last few years, the yard in general was not included in the lease from NS to MN.
  by njsteelersfan

There is a mini yard there. Although last time I was up that way it had more NJ Transit vehicles than Metro North.
  by DanD3815

In Campbell Hall? There's no commuter rail equipment at all kept up there, the yard was for NS and now the M&NJ frieght operations. If Metro North was able to use that yard it would be a good place to store extra train sets however and terminate extra trains up there like they do in Waldwick.
  by Backshophoss

MN uses NJT help with MW as NJT style signals and ROW maintance standards are followed for WOH services.