• Cafe menus now posted

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by 161pw165

goodnightjohnwayne wrote:
Robert Paniagua wrote:And as with all other food menus in the country, all Amtrak Cafe menus must have the following safety notation:

"Please inform your server if anyone in your party has a food allergy" to ensure that your train food experience is a healthy one and not an allergic reaction occurs.
That's just meaningless legalese. Since the food is almost entirely prepackaged, it all comes down to food labeling.

If you want to make sure your "train food experience is a healthy one," all passengers would be well advised to bring their own food and beverages. It's cheaper and better.
Mr. Wayne your above quote is confusing in light of your last post. Are you advocating passengers bringing their own food aboard or implying that Amtrak is doing so by their food labelling and menu advertising? Either way, if I had "special" dietary considerations, I certainly would not be relying on ANY commercial carrier (rail or air) to satisfy them. In addition, having flown the U.S. cross-country for over 30 weeks in the past year (plus 6 international trips), I can personally attest that the airlines DO NOT do it better. Instances of dietetic meals "not making it" on the flight to "running out" are common and I can name the airlines and routes. 'Nuff said.......

Amtrak is doing their best, albeit sometimes not so good, given the crumbs they are given with which to work, to provide adequate meal service based on route duration and logistics. Possibly you have a suggestion on how to better serve the public interest regarding on-board meals. If so, I'm sure Amtrak would be glad to hear about it vs your persistent negativity.

Let the rebuttals begin...........
  by R36 Combine Coach

New June 2011 Acela Express and Northeast Amfleet menus now online. Amfleet I cafes now offer Panache sandwiches and salads previously offered on Acela. Acela Cafe now offers Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, Mrs. Fields cookies and Coors Light.