Discussion of Canadian Passenger Rail Services such as AMT (Montreal), Go Transit (Toronto), VIA Rail, and other Canadian Railways and Transit

Moderator: Ken V

by Ken V

VIA F40PH-2 #6424 has traded its Spider-Man 2 wrap for another one. This time it is an ad for Budweiser and Super Bowl XL.

There are some photos posted on Photobucket.com.

Let's hope VIA plans to do something about that rusty looking white stripe along the bottom.

by stuart_iowa

i think that strip is part of the paint job, it looks like people or something.

by MissisquoiValleyRR

So that's what a Bud car looks like!

(just kidding)

by natethegreat

That Rusty looking white strip is the "golden brown goodness" of a Budweiser Beer.

by Ken V

natethegreat wrote:That Rusty looking white strip is the "golden brown goodness" of a Budweiser Beer.
Yes. it is supposed to represent beer flowing down the sides, but it still looks terrible.

by natethegreat

Ken V wrote:it still looks terrible.
No argument there. It seems that ad agencies don't always understand that what looks good on paper doesn't look good on billboards, buses or in this case locomotives.

by Ken V

Here is a photo (taken by Ron H.) of the 12-car Budweiser Super Bowl Tailgate Train at the Toronto Maintenance Centre, on the day before Super Bowl Sunday, awaiting the trip to Windsor and the big gameday party. VIA (Bud) F40 6424 is on the point and 6425 is trailing.

by trainmaster_1

And here it is in action going west to Windsor, I woke up early just to get to Sunnyside to grab shots of the train zipping by, wish I've gone to Union, oh well here is the shots in action.

by Dieter

Great shots!

I still can't figure out though, why people in Canada would drink Budweiser, when you can get superior Canadian Beer.

Dieter.