Railroad Forums 

• Broadway Ltd. B&M Pacific coming soon to HO?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#834297  by p42thedowneaster

Hi everyone,
I keep stumbling upon this supposed new item.
#187-1063 Powerhouse Series Steam
USRA Light Pacific 4-6-2 Boston & Maine #371 (Dec 2010)

First of all...What is the Powerhouse series?
Second of all...When did the B&M have 3 digit USRA Pacifics?

Here's a link to one site:
http://www.pacific-western-rail.com/ho_ ... ers_ID=187

Other sites like, Toytrainheaven.com and Walthers.com also show the item.
 #835057  by CBass1307

I would bet that the road number will be changed to something more accurate (3600-3611, 3620-3689, 3700-3709) since i cannot find any record of there ever being a 3 digit number, or of a Light Pacific with a number starting with 371. There were Heavy Pacifics numbered 3710 to 3719.

as far as the Powerhouse series goes, I can't find it on their website or forum, but a quick google search shows that they made some 2-8-2's in that series in the past.
 #836280  by mp15ac

Considering that on Broadway Limited's site there are no mention at all for a Pacific type steam loco in any roadname nor a Powerhouse series I'd bet that this is a cancelled project. Possibly a victim of the MTH lawsuit.

Perhaps you should ask this question in the Broadway Limited forums. They (BLI) do read the forums and respond to questions.

Stuart
 #1134684  by Meyblc

I just got mine in the mail. Pretty nice locomotive. Not an exact match to the real thing, but thats what the Brass market is for. For $210, it's not very hard to overlook the minor differences though.