Railroad Forums 

• BNSF, Notification

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#133423  by farmertim

I recently interviewed with BNSF for conductor trainee position. There were 40 of us who interviewed, and we were told 10 would be hired. I wasn't told when anyone would be notified, or if you would be contacted even if you weren't hired. The training class doesn't start til July 23rd. It has been 12 days, should I have heard something by now, or have I still got a shot? I have wore the mail button blank on my computer, do I need to relax, or move on? If anyone could answer some of these questions I would greatly appreciate it.

#133430  by UPRR engineer

BN doesnt tell you there gonna call if you got the job? Man how shitty is that. On the UP at the time i hired out, and my buddy a few years later, at the interview they said we'll call you tomarrow night if your hired. Thats a raw deal you got.
 #133437  by farmertim

No, they said they would contact you via e-mail. But didn't really specify if you would be notified either way.
 #133439  by farmertim

I have talked to a few who also interviewed, they have not heard anything either. Guess we are all just waiting. Only the second job I have ever applied for. Guess I am a little impatient. Been farming so long, always expect the worse, but pray for the best.

#133622  by tcbbnsf

I didn't hear back for 16 days. After I took the strength/vision/drug test, I didn't heat back until 2 days before the class actually started. Hang in there, and be patient........Good Luck!
 #133628  by JuKayes

farmertim,

BNSF will notify you one way or the other... But it does take some time. If you don't get it they will send you something along the line of, "Thanks but we've already filled this position but if you're still interested...keep trying"

If you do get it, you'll obviously get the e-mail telling you about the physical and strenght testing..

Either way it could be a week, it could be two weeks....

Just be patient and hang in there. Most importantly if you don't make it...keep trying... if this is something you really want to do...then keep at it...
 #133631  by farmertim

Thank all of you for your help.