Railroad Forums 

• BNSF Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1247942  by Justin4180

Quick question, First Advantage mistakenly contacted my previous employer for the consumer report when I checked the "do not contact current employer". I talked with FA and they said it was a mistake and apologized. I notified them that I would more than likely lose my job because of this. My employer at the time pulled me into the office and weren't very happy with me about seeking employment with the railroad. This was approximately on December 10th. On December 26th, my employer let me go because they said I was going to be departing soon anyways and they wanted to get someone new in there to be trained asap. Needless to say, I am now kind of on the rocks because I am not sure how this will effect my employment with BNSF. I was emailed several times last month stating I had pass all background and medical checks. Was welcomed to the team by HR and told I would be an excellent addition to the company. Since it has been a while since doing my consumer report, HR said they are going to re-run my consumer verification. Will the issue with my previous employer have any impact on their decision to go forward with my job offer. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin
 #1248190  by jz441

No, that won't have any impact on your hiring process.