Railroad Forums 

• BNSF alternate

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1226512  by Justin4180

I'm pretty sure you can apply at other locations, just not at the location you were selected as an alternate for. They keep your record on file, and if someone doesn't make it through or they open up more positions, then you will get a call. I was selected as an alternate at the beginning of October and received a conditional offer of employment a week ago. More than likely you will get an offer, hang in there and check your emails daily.
 #1230959  by trvr815

Whats up buddy,

I was also considered as an alternate. They will call but it maybe up to six months. Basically we have been selected. But remember since we went through the interview process we cannot apply to any other conductor position in any locations within the company for six months. You many apply to a different craft now.
 #1230961  by supernova1972

Like the other guy said, it is just for that job at that location. Being an alternate means you met the criteria to be hired, but they had more qualified people than you for the spots they had. So if those people don't make it, or they have more openings within 6 months, you will get called. After 6 months you have to apply and start the process over.
 #1234182  by PSNOUS

Am wondering about that as well^^^^^^