Railroad Forums 

• B'ham, Al CSX

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1248032  by joshisbell87

I'm posting this for my boyfriend, I made this screen name for him so that he could get the info he wanted.
He currently works on a railroad as a mechanical inspector and he applied for the CSX Bham, Al Car Man position about 3 weeks ago. His status shows "Hiring Manager Review" and it's been like that for about 2 weeks. Should he call and inquire about it? What does that mean? Should he expect an email about an interview soon?

This question may have already been asked and I apologize for that, just trying to figure out what is going on. Any help would be appreciated.
 #1248418  by peterbilt22

joshisbell87 wrote:I'm posting this for my boyfriend, I made this screen name for him so that he could get the info he wanted.
He currently works on a railroad as a mechanical inspector and he applied for the CSX Bham, Al Car Man position about 3 weeks ago. His status shows "Hiring Manager Review" and it's been like that for about 2 weeks. Should he call and inquire about it? What does that mean? Should he expect an email about an interview soon?

This question may have already been asked and I apologize for that, just trying to figure out what is going on. Any help would be appreciated.
Patience. Tell him to keep checking on status. I have a conductor application still in "application received"status. Railroad operate at a snail's pace
Good luck
 #1248537  by Aspiring Conductor

peterbilt22 wrote:
joshisbell87 wrote:I'm posting this for my boyfriend, I made this screen name for him so that he could get the info he wanted.

Patience. Tell him to keep checking on status. I have a conductor application still in "application received"status. Railroad operate at a snail's pace
Good luck
PB22;

It took me nine applications all over the system, over the course of six months to get my interview. When I did I had a week to get across the country to the interview site, which I pulled out all the stops to do so. Since I'm no-where near a CSX Terminal (I'm currently West of the Mississippi) I had to go to the nearest CSX Physical Testing center, which was again back across the Mississippi to do so. Needless to say, everything was completed and am now awaiting a Class Start Date at the REDI Center. I reckon one has to want this more than anything in order to make it happen, but when you get your notice, be prepared to get the lead out and to the interview location. Best Regards to you on you and Josh in your pursuit of a position at CSX Transportation.