• Another Alco back from the dead...

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Paul

I know this isn't Long Island, but I thought I would share this with you all. Last Sunday (11-13-05, 0745hrs), I fired up the PSRM's Alco RSX-4 after an overhaul of all the injector pumps and injection nozzels. The pumps were sent out and I did the the nozzels in house. I think she runs sweet if you ask me. We even used it to in the yard to switch out some cars that day. As soon as we get the grid blower motor for the RS-32 working, we'll wire up the RSX-4's generator to the grids and make some static horespower.
Should be quite a sight!

by Long Island 7285

That is inspiration to get the 1556 smokin again :-D

by Dave Keller

Ah see smoke from that thar Alco!!! :-D

Yee Hawwwwwww! cough, cough, splutter, splutter . . . aaaahhhhhhhhhh!

Dave

by Richard Glueck

Tools, talent, and commitment to make something good happen. Outstanding work, Paul. Hope the room was vented! Good suggestion, to build an enclosed work shop to protect both workers, parts, tools, and equipment.

by Paul

Thank you very much RDG. The check is in the mail. :-D
Actually, the Campo museum was a WW2 POW camp for Italian soldiers. The shop building was a former school gym! There were many, many others helping me out on this baby. I can not and will not take full credit for this project.
  by H.F.Malone

Ah, very nice!!

I assume it made the proper 244 sound..... "bucket of bolts, bucket of bolts, bucket of bolts" repeated quickly a dozen times.....

Engine looks good from that photo; enjoy that old girl!!

Harry F. M.
a hands-on 244 fan, too!!!

by Ol' Loco Guy

Paul

Didya change out the (supposedly) flexible hoses-particularly
those found within the fuel system ?

OLG

by Paul

The fuel lines are in excellent condition. Thank you for reminding me, I keep forgetting to get that water line from the bottom the turbo replaced. Now if I can only remember what size fittings and the length of hose I need...