• AMTRAK SYSTEM TIMETABLE DISCONTINUED

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Backshophoss

IF the station is staffed like Miami,just ask the ticket agent on duty if they still have a copy.
  by Return to Reading Company Olney Sta

On last weekend's Autumn Express the hosts distributed copies of the timetable to any passengers who wanted one.
  by Gilbert B Norman

The path is still there, Mr. Benton. However, that does not mean assurance a Timetable can still be had:

Home Page/Experience/Planning & Booking/Order and contact Amtrak Publications
  by Tadman

I recently found out about the full timetable in PDF and downloaded it to my iPad, which travels with me absolutely everywhere. Before that I would download each individual train schedule when I was on a respective route, which worked fine, too. It's nice to use the PDF copy either when I'm on the train with no service or when I just need to see schedule arrival/departure times. Sometimes I don't want to play with the fare finder.

On a side note, I downloaded "GPS Speed HD" for my iPad. It shows where one is on the map, speedometer, g-force meter, and can log your travels. It's fun to leave open on the table in my sleeper compartment. I did once surprise a trainman on a commuter train with a similar speedo app open. He seemed to think I was checking their speed with the intent of reporting violations. I reassured him I was just a goofball having fun (even though I try not to carry myself that way on a train).