• Amtrak Crescent Discussion

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by BadAddetude

No. You're the know it all!
Any good places to look for clues on this?

by BadAddetude

I've been listening in this morning while I wasn't in class, but didn't hear anything. Any word on the #120 anyone?

by jhdeasy

CHANGEATJAMAICA wrote:I think it was on our 2003 visit to the three "holy" places in Pennsylvania that we rode Warrior Ridge on fan trip over Horseshoe Curve, it was an extra fare but well worth the price. After the bride, who had good naturedly put up with my attraction to all thing rail road, experienced Warrior Ridge she was "hooked" [SNIP] All because the bride loved her experience on Warrior Ridge!
Best regards,
Rodger

Mrs. August Belmont, grande-dame of New York City society about a century ago, was quoted as saying "Private railroad car travel is not an acquired taste ... one takes to it immediately!"

By the way, what are the 3 railroad places in Pennsylvania for pilgrims to visit? If Horseshoe Curve is 1, what are 2 and 3? Steamtown National Historic Site? East Broad Top? Tunkhannock Viaduct? Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania?

by chuchubob

BadAddetude wrote:Chuchubob,

Hit me up and let me know if you're gunna try and catch them on the return trip. Your last picture illustrates the location where I was standing. I can't see me for some reason!
The word is that they may be on train 20 Crescent on Tuesday April 15. Get your income tax done early and look for the Crescent next Tuesday.

by scotty269

Ah, Bob. I was at the Art Museum on Monday. I could've grabbed a few shots while I was around.

Damn.

by BadAddetude

Fortunately for me, I don't do taxes!

I was up on the parking deck today, checking things out, and Amtrak Police threw me out. Said it was private property. I suppose it is, you do have to pay to get in. Be weary if you go up there to view them.

Are they gunna take the 120 directly to Juniata that day? Let me know where you are gunna be on the 15th Bob, I'll meet you somewheres.

Awesome stories of the Warrior Ridge Rides guys! I'd love to be able to do that someday. Maybe my bride will want to take the train. Heck, I'd settle for touching the outside of the car itself! One can dream I suppose...

by chuchubob

The Juniata Terminal E8's and Varnish operated a charter trip from Harrisburg to Altoona for the 2007 Altoona Railfest. The train also ran a trip to Pittsburgh and back to Altoona the next morning, then back to Harrisburg after the Festival. The train also ran several excursions around Horseshoe Curve.
I haven't heard whether this will be repeated for the 2008 Festival, but the April Railpace says that there will be an Altona-Pittsburgh train again this year.

by chuchubob

BadAddetude wrote: Are they gunna take the 120 directly to Juniata that day? Let me know where you are gunna be on the 15th Bob, I'll meet you somewheres.
If rain isn't expected, I'll probably go to Grays Ferry Ave bridge, then take the trolley from 47th and Woodland to 30th Street to look for the cars in the yard, where I'd expect them to be placed until returned to Juniata Terminal.

by BadAddetude

Grays Ferry Bridge? I'll have to look that up. 43rd Streets a bit far away. Perhaps next week we'll figure something out,no?

Great photos in your RRpics archive album, by the way. Somethin' else tose trains are!

by BadAddetude

Bump back to the top...

Anyone plan to see 'em on the return trip? Perhaps a mini Railroad.net forums reunion?

by chuchubob

I'm still thinking Grays Ferry Ave bridge.

by jhdeasy

A report from another source indicates WARRIOR RIDGE and PRR 120 will be added to Amtrak train 20 at Meridian MS today (Monday April 14) after running inspection trips on the Bay Line out of Panama City, FL.

by BadAddetude

Interesting. Amtrak.com says train 20 is going to be 10 minutes early today. I've got time today, so i'll be cruising down there around noon to see if this is true. If not, I'll be down there again tomorrow.

I'll look into the Grays Ferry Ave bridge too Bob, and maybe I'll try and head out that way too. Looks like a great vantage point.

by BadAddetude

Darn computers and quadruple posts...

Was there from 12:10-12:30 with no sight of the #120. Try again tomorrow...