• Amtrak ACS-64 Sprinter Discussion

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by ThirdRail7

ACeInTheHole wrote:
ThirdRail7 wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:Was a warmer day yes, but not hot persay... At least not hot enough to have killed a Sprinter.
And you know this how? Explain to me what you think is hot enough to kill a sprinter? What do you in all of your experience think can kill a sprinter?

I'll even help you out: it isn't necessarily temperature and hopefully v10 will eliminate the threat.

I'll take what I can get since the railroad is littered with o/o/s Sprinters.

That 654 is looking pretty good right now!!! :wink:
I
You know what I meant. Wasn't hot enough where mechanical failure due to heat should be an issue.
And that is entirely untrue from where I stand and it wasn't the first one to go down. I watched one take a complete bath last week in front of a large group of people while it wasn't even in motion. So, again what are you basing your statement on? What temperature do you think will start causing disruptions?
  by ApproachMedium

The 637 didnt have anything to do with heat. Remember what happened to the 615 a while back? Its happening to a bunch of them now. Whoever ordered that bolt is getting fired-firing squad.
  by ThirdRail7

ApproachMedium wrote:The 637 didnt have anything to do with heat. Remember what happened to the 615 a while back? Its happening to a bunch of them now. Whoever ordered that bolt is getting fired-firing squad.
It's deeper than that. I'll send you a PM because the reason that 12 of them are o/o/s and the test trains was canceled has nothing to do with that bolt( although it may account for the most recent fiasco.) :(
  by srock1028

Issues this morning with one also, not sure if its tied into what Approach and TR7 are talking about.
  by Matt Johnson

ACeInTheHole wrote:Oy. Here we go. Not again with the massive issues.
Eh, I'm sure there's plenty of storage space at Bear if Amtrak decides to give up on the 64s!
  by ACeInTheHole

Don't hold your breath, teething is expected. It took NJT a long time to set the PLs straight.
  by Matt Johnson

ACeInTheHole wrote:Don't hold your breath, teething is expected. It took NJT a long time to set the PLs straight.
I'll bet the ALP-46 isn't looking so bad now! But yeah, I hope they get the issues sorted out. Obviously Amtrak bet big on the 64 order.
  by ThirdRail7

ACeInTheHole wrote:Oy. Here we go. Not again with the massive issues.
It may be a long summer but as you said, teething is inevitable. It is better to find out now instead of 5 years down the road. We still have the remans if mods drag on.
  by srock1028

Engine 616 on A43 (7) had an issue around Torresdale, PA.
  by ACeInTheHole

Air issues is what I heard on #616.
Last edited by ACeInTheHole on Fri May 08, 2015 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by Kurt

ACS-64 #618 northbound to Boston, at Larchmont, NY on 5/7/15
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by TrainPhotos

Are we having serious failures on these all ready? Is the quill sheath cracking? Drive gear slipping? Suspension link issues? I guess trial by fire is the best way to get all the kinks out, but boy I really hope this all gets sorted properly ASAP...

Issues with warm weather? Supposed to hit just shy of 90 on sunday here in the garden state. I suppose we'll see what happens...
  by ACeInTheHole

I know early on 605 had truck issues and 608 had brake issues.. Im wondering if more have one of their issues.
  by ThirdRail7

ACeInTheHole wrote:Air issues is what I heard on #616.
The air issue was a result...a side effect if you will....of the root issue and it wasn't air related.

So, as usual, you heard wrong.