• ALP-45DP's - Usage and Delivery

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by cruiser939

Jtgshu wrote:The lower coast line has plenty of ridership, especially local ridership, year round. It just swells to rediculous levels in the summer.

that is one of the biggest myths on the railroad. "No one rides the lower coast line....."

Just like no one rides the AC line......
Or, JT never breaks equipment...
  by HBLR

cruiser939 wrote:
HBLR wrote:As for filming railfan videos in Trenton, I have never partaken in such activities, I have this thing called a job which takes up 98% of my time.
Oh silly me, that was your alternate personality TRE who does that. And I bet you actually believe that you don't shoot railfan videos because you probably classify them as educational documentaries.

"I don't know what this Arrow 3 car is doing... on a train... however it seems to be sitting on the express track in trenton, just chillin' out doing nothing... i think that this train may be disabled, i'm not sure... umm, it's umm... ahh there it goes! i've never seen a train sitting on the express track like that before. someone could explain why that might be happening would be awesome."
What on earth are you talking about/smoking?!? I beg you please to stop trying to make me out as someone else who I'm clearly not. I really thought you & others were joking. I don't have time to take my friends out for dinner unless I schedule a day off. Just because I know what the ties in Trenton look like doesn't mean I spend many days there. I was waiting with my sister for her friend and I simply took a nice walk along both platforms, and I noticed lots of odd junk and cracked ties.

You can feel free to take off the foil hat now...
  by nick11a

cruiser939 wrote:
nick11a wrote:Congratulations to all for continuing to perplex me.
Which witch is which?
Nick's niche is an itch to lick the icks of the snitch.
  by HBLR

Which witch?Image
  by Jeff Smith

HBLR wrote:Which witch?
If I were a certain misognyistic Congressman from Queens, I'd say either. Heck, I'll say either anyway. Or both.

We've hit a new low!
  by ApproachMedium

There he goes again! Volunteering information. You apparently have no time because work is 98% of your life, but you apparently have plenty of time to spot out "junk ties" at trenton with your sister waiting for her friend wondering up and down all the platforms.
  by sixty-six

HBLR wrote:Considering that port morris yard is mostly weeds and ballast in the middle of nowhere......
Exactly why it's being kept in Port Morris, to keep it away from prying eyes. And you forgot to add rails to your description of Port Morris.
  by waldwickrailfan

wondering if all AMT ALP's will arrive in Newark and any set day to catch them going up on the river line.
  by Tommy Meehan

cruiser939 wrote:It would take the FDNY accepting a fire life safety plan for the tunnels...
Now that is interesting. Thanks! :)

Some of us are here to learn. (About NJ Transit, I mean. LOL )
  by CNJGeep

waldwickrailfan wrote:wondering if all AMT ALP's will arrive in Newark.
Yes.
  by cruiser939

waldwickrailfan wrote:wondering if all AMT ALP's will arrive in Newark and any set day to catch them going up on the river line.
Yes and no.
  by sixty-six

waldwickrailfan wrote:wondering if all AMT ALP's will arrive in Newark and any set day to catch them going up on the river line.
Thursdays starting the first week of July.
  by HBLR

jimzim66 wrote:
HBLR wrote:Considering that port morris yard is mostly weeds and ballast in the middle of nowhere......
Exactly why it's being kept in Port Morris, to keep it away from prying eyes. And you forgot to add rails to your description of Port Morris.
No, i didn't forget. I did say mostly weeds and ballast, the rest being ties and rail being implied.
  by HBLR

When is the next NJT locomotive coming across teh pond?