• AEM-7 status

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by wintower

Can anybody tell me when 928 was pulled from service? And what is its status?
  by ThirdRail7

wintower wrote:Can anybody tell me when 928 was pulled from service? And what is its status?
it's been stored since late July/early August.
  by 8th Notch

Don't know if any one else has herd but I know up north we were told that 10 will be kept active to up the number up to 80 electrics after all the Sprinters have been delivered.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

921 is riding the rails
  by jcepler1

Yesterday Wednesday Dec 23rd, 923 was pulling a MARC train out of Union Station.
  by aem7ac921

8th Notch wrote:Don't know if any one else has herd but I know up north we were told that 10 will be kept active to up the number up to 80 electrics after all the Sprinters have been delivered.
That's awesome! Probably the best news I've heard this Christmas! Does anyone know which 11 units are left? According to some posts above, 919, 921, and 923 still are in service. Which are the other 8?
  by aem7ac921

May I also ask what the status of the retired AEM-7s are? Which units have been scrapped and which units are still in storage? Thanks so much and Merry Christmas to all!
  by aem7ac921

Not to get too far off topic, but in the AEM-7 status topic, someone said that 10 will remain in service even after all the sprinters have been delivered to keep a fleet of 80 serviceable electrics. Is this true? The AEM-7 page has been dry for the past week and a half so I figured I'd try my luck here. Thanks!
  by ApproachMedium

10 of them look like they will be going in to MARC service. There was 25 total AC models. I am not sure if they will keep 10 in service for amtrak, and 10 for marc. It seems as of lately amtrak for once has done a good job at keeping spare motors at all the terminals for shops.
  by DutchRailnut

as of yesterday there should be only 10 left in service, in total.
  by Jeff Smith

aem7ac921 wrote:Not to get too far off topic, but in the AEM-7 status topic, someone said that 10 will remain in service even after all the sprinters have been delivered to keep a fleet of 80 serviceable electrics. Is this true? The AEM-7 page has been dry for the past week and a half so I figured I'd try my luck here. Thanks!
Admin note:

Post and replies moved to AEM thread. Please ask in the appropriate thread. If a "page", or thread, is "dry", asking in another thread is still off-topic. Trying your "luck" here just hijacks the thread.

Thanks,

"The CEO"
  by ApproachMedium

at least 13 of them still are alive in the tracking system, 9 or 10 are functional on the road while the others are shopped for stuff like PTC mods etc.
  by aem7ac921

Do you have any idea which ones are functional and which ones are shopped?
  by 8th Notch

I'm willing to bet half of the shopped ones have became organ donors to keep the actives in service. I remember running one awhile back that had the desktop from one of the DC's and the real bell.
  by SwingMan

The 923 was on a train in NYP around 4 this afternoon heading south.