• AEM-7 909

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by chaohwa

Has anyone seen AEM-7 909 recently? In July's Railpace, it said 909 is newly rebuilt. If it is rebuilt, it should be painted in Phase V with Amtrak "three-sheet" logos on it. If anyone confirms this paint scheme change, I will update the paint scheme in my AEM-7 update site.

Since living in South Florida, it is very hard for me to look at AEM-7s by myself.

by 7 Train

There was a photo I recall seeing of 909 in Phase V on some web site. I forget it.

by hsr_fan

I might be on the NEC in the near future. I'll keep an eye out for it.

I hope to see #922 back in action at some point. It was an electrical fire victim last summer, but I heard that it would get rebuilt.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

with all of Amtrak's money problems, i don't think it will be rebuilt any time soon :(

by AEM7AC920

hsr_fan wrote:I might be on the NEC in the near future. I'll keep an eye out for it.

I hope to see #922 back in action at some point. It was an electrical fire victim last summer, but I heard that it would get rebuilt.
I herd #922 is going to be rebuilt as a DC.

by CSX Conductor

I agree that you would assume a locomotive would be re-painted with a fresh coat of paint after being re-built........but it is not a necessity. Look at some of the freight loco's......sometimes the uglier or more aged they look, the better they perform........

I know you want a sharp look on the equipment for passengers to get a good impression.....but the paint scheme isn't getting the passengers to their destinations, LOL.......right?
  by jp1822

Agree with CSX, but when Amtrak does get the money, would love to see the AEM7's in some sort of sportier or modern color scheme, than at present.
  by AEM7AC920

jp1822 wrote:Agree with CSX, but when Amtrak does get the money, would love to see the AEM7's in some sort of sportier or modern color scheme, than at present.
Yea I only like V paint on the Genny's and some of the cars are ok. The AEM-7's would all look great if they were all rebuilt and painted again in the same paint that way we could have some fresh III and Norheast Paint. :P

by CSX Conductor

I agree.... imagine how sharp the HHP-8's might look with Phase III? :)

Actually, I take that back....they might not look that great :(

by hsr_fan

I think the HHP-8's look great as is! I think Phase III in general looks bad - I'm glad it's pretty much gone! It did look better on the AEM-7's, but that's about it, IMO.

by AEM7AC920

I can't seem to pull anything else out of the HHP-8's besides what they are wearing now.

by RMadisonWI

hsr_fan wrote:
AEM7AC920 wrote:I can't seem to pull anything else out of the HHP-8's besides what they are wearing now.
Don't forget these! :D

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=36493
Well, MARC's HHP-8 scheme looks just like Amtrak's, except with a couple of orange stripes and a slightly different shade of blue.

by CSX Conductor

I don't like the MARC HHP-8's in that scheme......eewwwwHH !!! LOL

by hsr_fan

I saw #909 at Princeton Junction today in Phase V.