• ACES Equipment and Secaucus Platform Extension

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by BigDell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGW7d_HxdR4
I DO realize we are moving on but this is a terrific link. I ALWAYS wondered about the club and if it still existed, would want to join. Wow... I'll search for the other thread on this. A pity it's no longer running... :-(

Okay, back to topic, my apologies...
  by Silverliner II

ALL former ACES cars are back on NJT property. In a nutshell, 7229-7235 and 8800 (ex-7236) are all back, in their as-delivered NJT striping and commuter configuration. Six of them were parked on the east end of the MMC, visible from my passing train on the P&H line.
  by ApproachMedium

None of them retain any of their ACES stuff either, except the 8800 which still has the fancy seats, hence the different number.
  by Silverliner II

jlr3266 wrote:Anyone know what the plans for 8800 are?
New commuter club car, maybe? Oh, wait, about that... ;-)
  by kilroy

Maybe a new exective car for the brass to tour the railroad in (like the days of old)?
  by jlr3266

Silverliner II wrote:
jlr3266 wrote:Anyone know what the plans for 8800 are?
New commuter club car, maybe? Oh, wait, about that... ;-)
I would be willing to pay extra for that! I was always amazed they found so many members living along the same line for the original!

Maybe NJT has ideas of a 1st Class car on specials? Man, I am reaching on that one!
  by 25Hz

Just put it on random trains to perplex people.
  by ryanov

ApproachMedium wrote:None of them retain any of their ACES stuff either, except the 8800 which still has the fancy seats, hence the different number.
Well, it's nice to have an explanation for that. Any clue why?
  by ApproachMedium

ryanov wrote:
ApproachMedium wrote:None of them retain any of their ACES stuff either, except the 8800 which still has the fancy seats, hence the different number.
Well, it's nice to have an explanation for that. Any clue why?
Maybe because NJT wants more coaches and there is no ACES service anymore? I have no idea why they kept one car that way possibly to replace the comet II for the club that was destroyed, or maybe just for the company to use for its own personal agenda of wasting our money.
  by Dcell

Put the 8800 on the train that experiences the most delays during the prior month, and staff it with customer service reps, so angry commuters can go into it and file their complaints in a plush, soothing atmosphere. Of course, they can't stay in 8800 after filing their complaints. :-D
  by Ken S.

I wonder if 8800 is going to be a demo of sorts to Amtrak for a new corridor car.
  by Fan Railer

Ken S. wrote:I wonder if 8800 is going to be a demo of sorts to Amtrak for a new corridor car.
Doubtful. We've already been over why the MLV design doesn't suit Amtrak's needs in this type of application.
  by ApproachMedium

That AEM-7 if you listened carefully, was online via the HEP. It looks like they may have been doing testing with that as the control car, like the ACES train. It is supported.

Maybe the electrics wont be going too far as quickly as some think.