Discussion of Canadian Passenger Rail Services such as AMT (Montreal), Go Transit (Toronto), VIA Rail, and other Canadian Railways and Transit

Moderator: Ken V

by Ken V

Starting on June 26 the CTV Travel Channel will broadcast a 60 hour (yes, sixty hours) special on rail travel across Canada. The special will be shown over five consecutive days in twelve hour segments with each episode repeated immediately following. The show will be on continuously for five full days.

The program will feature travel on the Canadian from Vancouver to Toronto, the corridor between Toronto and Montreal, and the Ocean from Montreal to Halifax. More details are at Canada's Greatest Ride.

Condensed versions (obviously much so) will also be aired on the regular CTV network and on Discovery [Canada] at a later date. I have no idea if Discovery [U.S.] will be showing it.

-----------------------------------------------
I personally don't have access to CTV Travel on cable or satellite and, even if I did, sixty hours seems a bit too intense, so I'll be looking out for the shortened version.

by Noel Weaver

Wonderful stuff, thank you very much for posting this here.
I would love to be able to view this program here in Florida but I doubt if
it will be available here.
Noel Weaver

by viafan

To betruthful, most Canadians do not subscribe to CTV Travel so few Canadians will have access to this mega-program.