• 500 has the new herald, finally

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by M1 9147

At Northport on train 6663 was DM30AC 500 on the rear, and now has the new scheme matching all the other DE/DM's. 500 is one of the last unit that still had the old numberboard underneath the headlights (517 the other). Unsure if 517 was redone yet unless someone else can confirm that.

by Sean 418

The 517 also has the new herald. The last of the holdouts

by M1 9147

Its about time!!!!!!!! Now the lost 503, LOL!!!!!!!!!

by Richard Glueck

Does this herald have anything to do with the LIRR, or is it simply another MTA monolith?

by LIRRNOVA55

Richard Glueck wrote:Does this herald have anything to do with the LIRR, or is it simply another MTA monolith?
You Betcha!

by Lirr168

Richard Glueck wrote:Does this herald have anything to do with the LIRR, or is it simply another MTA monolith?
It is just a rearrangement of the numbers on the nose and the addition of the "we serve with pride" logo; the logo is being applied to the M7s and a great number (if not all) of the M1/3. If you ask me, it's a nice throwback to the logo the LIRR had on the bicentennial locomotives and the p72's back in the day.

by M1 9147

Nothing beats the original WSWP logo applied to all of the old coaches, and the originals on the M1's when delivered. I wished that those were never taken off the M1's originally.

by emfinite

Speaking of the M1s, I saw a retired set going through Jamaica and the WE SERVE WITH PRIDE decal said WE SERVED WITH PRIDE. Thought that was pretty cool. Someone drew a Keystone next to it, too.

Joe

by Long Island 7285

Yea, I seen that set too, it was a while back looked great, someone should do that to everyone going out.