Railroad Forums 

• 4 Car Trains On The El Today(10/3/04)

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#57938  by Septaman113

Hey everyone,whats up?I went down to the Phillies game today,great game,saw my first live grand slam after all of these years,but I noticed on the el they were running 4 car trains today.Is Septa going to start doing that on Sundays from now on?I take it that its a money saving move on their part.When we were coming from the game,My wife and I were coming thru the interchange going westbound and heard the el coming and said to wife just wait here at the back of the platform,but when the train came,I forgot it was 4 cars and had run up to catch it.So use to 6 cars trains,will they be running 4 cars on weeknights too? :-)

#57943  by jfrey40535

And I bet it was packed too....
 #58131  by Septaman113

It wasn't packed going into Center City,but coming back it was.If I'm not doing nothing next Sunday(and since the Eagles have bye this week)I might take a ride just to see if they're running 4 cars again.I'm sure if the Eagles were playing in Phila yesterday,they would have had 6 cars running.

#58340  by wagz

SEPTA already used 4 car trains on the El one Sunday a few months back. It was a one time only thing. The next weekend they were back to 6 again. You should have seen all those people standing by the fare collection at Margeret Orthodox way back where the 6th car usually is when we went sailing right on past.