Railroad Forums 

• 2014 RRB Annuity Notice; Anyone?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1239592  by Gilbert B Norman

Has anyone yet received from the Railroad Retirement Board the annual Notice reflecting their 2014 Annuity amount?

I haven't got mine.

The Tier I payment always reflects the announced rate of Social Security OASB benefits; that will be 1.5% according to the Board's site. However, that applying to Tier II is announced as 0.05%. Medicare Part B premium is unchanged at $104.90 - again according to the site.

Rather than simply relying on the web to properly allocate the monthly payment amongst Tier I, II and Medicare B. It would be nice to have the usual Notice in hand, but who knows, maybe they now expect all annuitants to 'log in'.
 #1239594  by Gadfly

I was wondering the same thing! I didn't get one, either. :( But my RRB money was in my account this morning. :-) A measly few bucks :( increase.
So now you know you weren't alone.

Gadfly
 #1239657  by COEN77

No one I spoke to the past week or so got there's, RRB website stated they were sending it out end of December. Money was deposited in my account this morning with the increase if you can call it one. LOL!
 #1239720  by Gilbert B Norman

Got my RRTA annuity $$$ this morning; looks like there will be enough extra for the co-pay to fill the surely another perscription I will be on during the year.

Oh well, at least Treasury appears more efficient than does the Board. I would guess the RRB was completly 'dark' during the Shutdown, but come on guys and gals; it was only sixteen days and you have had enough time to catch up.

Here is the Board's announcement Mr. Coen (Chesapeake & Ohio ENgineer with a 1977 Seniority Date?) notes:

http://www.rrb.gov/opa/pr/pr1311.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1239721  by COEN77

Mr Norman, You're absolutely correct COEN77 stands for Chesapeake & Ohio Engineer 1977. Didn't know I could use the "&" sign when signing up years ago for my login name.
 #1239788  by Gilbert B Norman

Good point Freddy!!!

Will the 'W-2s', actually two separate RRB 1099-R for Tier I and II, make it by Jan 31? At this rate, I'd say figure Feb 16 (normal due date + the 16 day Shutdown).
 #1239800  by Freddy

Well I'm relieved that everybody else is in the same boat as me. I've been concerned ever since I didn't get one back in 2010.
 #1241928  by Freddy

Gilbert B Norman wrote:Well volks, Notice RL-47 issued December 24, 2013 finally made the scene today.
Yep, mine showed up yesterday, thought it was the W2 but no such luck.
 #1245443  by Freddy

Freddy wrote:W2 arrived this morning, you guys can be on the lookout for yours.
Sorry Gilbert, we were both posting at the same time, I can't get out of the habit of calling it a W2.