• WNYP News about new customers

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

by bwparker1

Lots of interesting news at:

http://forums.railfan.net/forums.cgi?board=WNYP

Hopefully, no one is offended that I cross post this, but I believe strongly that this is what the internet is for, sharing of information, as long as it is appropriately credited.

Brooks

by Otto Vondrak

Nothing wrong with that... You can also post the information that you learned, as long as you dont simply copy and paste.

-otto-

by bwparker1

Cuba Cheese has begun to ship with reefers. Transloading at the Cuba siding.

by joshuahouse

Are you serious about this cheese to reefers business?

by joshuahouse

That is so cool! Does anyone have any idea how often they ship, I was always under the impression that Cuba Cheese was a smaller company that wouldn't have the capacity to fill many rail cars.

by Kyle_Norek

Not sure how many cars they get, but I have heard the WNYP going east of Olean more often lately than before though. I too thought they were a small company, but I was confusing them with the Cuba Cheese Shoppe; they only have a small building to warehouse cheese from the Great Lakes Cheese plant and sell it to the local area.

by nydepot

Cuba Cheese has always been large enough to ship by rail, even back when it first started, including its predecessors. And they don't always ship. They used to receive too - refrigerated goods for storage.

Charles

by joshuahouse

That must be my confusion as well, with the Cheese Shopee.

by nydepot

Yes, the Cheese Shoppe is a newer concern although the building itself comprised the original cheese factory in Cuba. This goes back to the 1880s when Cuba controlled the price of cheese and not Wisconsin.

Charles