• Why?...Why can't SEPTA operate a simple bus route properly?

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Bensalem SEPTA rider

The 130 to the mall from my house is ALWAYS late. Many a time, it doesn't show up. Why? Are they hiring inept people?

I have been in buses where the driver pulls over to do her nails or read the paper. Why?

How can a system be this bad?
  by N.Y. State Of Mind

Bensalem SEPTA rider wrote:I have been in buses where the driver pulls over to do her nails or read the paper. Why?
You should report that to SEPTA, but they probably wouldn't do much.

by jfrey40535

They often do that if they are running ahead of schedule. The new communication system with the Control Center reports buses that are AHEAD of schedule, in which case a driver could be written up. So the solution is to pull over.

Its not the driver's fault, but the schedule maker's. There's plenty of routes like this. I deal with this on the 15 all the time where the operators pull out of the loop 5 minutes late so that by the time they arrive at the other end they're ontime. Meanwhile those of us trying to connect to the MFL or BSL usually miss because of the late pull out.

The bus routes are definitely run sloppy, and its SEPTA's fault because of how the routes are laid out, scheduled, equipment etc. Its nuts that they have so many routes using I-76 and expect them to run on time. Its really a very bad way to travel (SEPTA buses).

by Otto Vondrak

This forum (unless the rules changed) is for the discussion of SEPTA rail topics, not busses.

(Moderator, please unlock if I am in error)

-otto-