• While riding the 6:55 W Medford Haverhill Train (#237)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by railfan101

I usualy take this train home and I noticed that 3 MBTA trains pass by heading inbound. I have and idea what two of them are but can't figure out the third. I assume that one is #336 wich leaves Lowell at 6:25 and the other is #236 wich leaves Haverhill at 6:00 and crosses over the wildcat to the Lowell line. This leaves one in question? The only thing I can think of is that is that a non revenue train returning from Lowell. (possibly the return of #333)or do any fitchburg trains feed into the Lowell line somewhere? Any thoughts on this?

by sery2831

Yes, first you see #236 from Haverhill(I am on it), then you see #336, behind that is #3802 which is a scheduled deadhead equipment move(#333) from Lowell to North Station. That is an interesting train, because all the other deadhead moves are scheduled to and from BET not North Station.

by railfan101

sery2831 wrote:Yes, first you see #236 from Haverhill(I am on it), then you see #336, behind that is #3802 which is a scheduled deadhead equipment move(#333) from Lowell to North Station. That is an interesting train, because all the other deadhead moves are scheduled to and from BET not North Station.

I thought that was the case but I was not sure if any Fitchburg Trains fead back to the Lowell line somewhere.