Railroad Forums 

• Where was Bee Gees' "Stayin' Alive" video filmed?

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1002538  by tree68

nydepot wrote:Backlot in Hollywood.
This.
The music video for the song is of a completely different concept from Saturday Night Fever. It depicts the group singing the song on an abandoned subway terminal set at MGM Studios, directly adjacent to the one where Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was being filmed at the same time. This set featured buildings, a train station, and other elements.
 #1002561  by Otto Vondrak

reddcapp wrote:Ok maybe a back lot...But those NYC cars are ancient!!
Hollywood can create anything. Even if it means painting and lettering some old coaches "NEW YORK CENTRAL." Unclear if the video was trying to portray trains or subway... Don't know why they would use 1920's era trains (wearing incorrect NYC garb) for a modern video, and if they were trying to create "subway" cars, it could have been some producer didn't know trains from subways and "New York Central" from "New York City Transit."

-otto-
 #1002639  by TB Diamond

Filmed at the MGM back lot, Hollywood, CA.

The French Vilage was utilized in the TV series Combat! and has since been demolished.

The train platform in the video has been demolished and was at MGM, as well.
 #1002717  by umtrr-author

nydepot wrote:The same cars are in That's Entertainment!!!! (the movie). Not sure if I, II, or III.
I believe it was the first "That's Entertainment" and it was the sequence with Fred Astaire, at the same location. I'd have to watch the film again to be certain (not an unpleasant task...).