• When was the worst accident the MBTA has ever seen?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by TomNelligan

Robert Paniagua wrote:There were TWO collisions in Back Bay?

Yep, they were. The one you just mentioned was on 12/12/90. The other one at Back Bay was Nov 87 when two MBCR trains rear-ended each other, and the F10 engine rear-ended a Budd RDC from the other train.
There was no MBCR in 1987. Amtrak was the contract operator of MBTA service at that time.

by NealG

TomNelligan wrote:

Yep, they were. The one you just mentioned was on 12/12/90. The other one at Back Bay was Nov 87 when two MBCR trains rear-ended each other, and the F10 engine rear-ended a Budd RDC from the other train.
There was no MBCR in 1987. Amtrak was the contract operator of MBTA service at that time.
Also MBCR is an operating company which has no trains.

They are MBTA owned and branded trains operated by an outside contractor.

by Robert Paniagua

I know, but I just like to call the CR trains MBCR even in the early years. It's an easy refence to me. Sorry for any confusion.

by Nyterider

NealG wrote:
TomNelligan wrote:

Also MBCR is an operating company which has no trains.

They are MBTA owned and branded trains operated by an outside contractor.
That's what I love the most about railfans. If anybody makes a mistake, there's always somebody in the vicinity to correct them. :-)

by CSX Conductor

Nyterider wrote:That's what I love the most about railfans. If anybody makes a mistake, there's always somebody in the vicinity to correct them. :-)
Just like railroad management, lol. :P

by octr202

CSX Conductor wrote:
Nyterider wrote:That's what I love the most about railfans. If anybody makes a mistake, there's always somebody in the vicinity to correct them. :-)
Just like railroad management, lol. :P
Isn't that all management? :wink: