• Weekend South Side Coaches

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by AznSumtinSumtin

I know this may be a stupid question but... Does the south side commuter rail run double decker coaches on weekends? Saturday specificly. And I would like to know by 9:00 AM tomorrow(November 19).

by SimplySam

Yes, they don't breakup trainsets for off peak runs. So even on a weekend train you will see a long train with the usual cars. However, the crew will probably open only as many cars as needed for the reduced passenger load. (So don't count on sitting in a double decker even if one is in your train.)

by AznSumtinSumtin

Thanks a lot. Now I just hope train #1803 bound for South Attleboro has a double decker open. It would be a first for me. And another question. If I do get a double decker which deck should I sit in? The top or bottom? Thanks in advanced.

by CSX Conductor

AznSumtinSumtin wrote:If I do get a double decker which deck should I sit in? The top or bottom?
The top will probably provide the better view, especially sitting on the right while passing over the Canton Jct. Viaduct. :wink: