• Weathering with single action airbrush

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by LIRR272

Hello,

I have a single action Pashe airbrush that I want to use for weathering. I normaly use chalks but want io try something different. Therefore how can you use a single action airbrush to perform weathering or is it easier to use a dual action airbrush?
  by CNJ999

Weathering models using a single action airbrush shouldn't pose any problem. I've used a Pasche single action brush for years and, in fact, perfer it to a Badger double action brush I once owned because of the simpler maintenance factor. With a little practice, you quickly learn how to accurately control the flow of paint, allowing you to apply even the most subtle shadings. Regardless, weathering is usually composed of multiple applications of paint, building up to that final level of intensity you desire, not just a single pass. As such, with a little practice, you really should be able to produce just as good results with either type of airbrush.

CNJ831
  by Crabman1130

Are there any good books on weathering that you can recommend?
Thanks in advance.