• Walthers Turntable Update

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Dieter

You know what you do? You call that guy back, ask for his Supervisor, and tell him you're sending the entire rig back. Tell him it's a LEMON that NEVER worked properly and you want a new one. You paid good money for it, it only worked properly ever so briefly. Unless they can prove you buggered it up, they should give you an entirely NEW one, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

That's customer service we can all expect as a basic consumer right. What would you do if this was an appliance from Sears? You'd be SCREAMING on the phone for a replacement, and that item you bought wasn't cheap.

D/
  by Otto Vondrak

I find the Walther's turntables to be hit or miss... we had one that built from a kit and the mechanism was a total piece of junk, we got a ready-to-run that was good as gold...
  by researchhound

Otto,
As I stated in my earlier post, I also bought the kit version first and after many attempts too make it work, I finally gave up. Some die hard souls got it to eventually work for them but for me there were just many issues to work out. I did a lot of checking before ordering the Built up version - I wasn't exactly thrilled to purchase another Walthers TT after my experience with the first one. I don't think anyone had a bad thing to say about the pricier version at that time. I still think it's a good TT and that I just happened to get a lemon. I believe in giving them a chance to make this right but if it doesn't work out this time I will be discussing a replacement unit or refund.
Dan
  by JonnyRay

After reading this I think I'll get the Atlas one, it may not look the greatest but I havent heard any complaints about it.