• Walthers Heavyweights Problems

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by ApproachMedium

Ill see what I can do. It might be hard to see with a camera. It was only the last run they did of the cars 2 years ago. Specifically the ones that came with blackend wheels. Any of the cars I looked at from years previous which had the steel looking wheels had adjustable sideframes which eliminated this problem, or they jsut didnt have the problem period.
  by Cadet57

diburning wrote:Except for the superliners, Walthers sucks at passenger cars in general. I have a set of walthers horizon commuter cars with the same problem where the couplers sag or the frame doesn't fit into the car correctly.
Yup. I got finally p**sed off at them enough that I ripped off all the factory coupler boxes and body mounted Kadee #28's, problem solved.