Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by FL9AC

841 came off one of the Danbury mini's with CDOT BL20GH 130 taking it's place as of yesturday. The 102 took the 841 up to New Haven this morning...presumably to go back to Amtrak for modification for SLE service.
  by NortheastTrainMan

M1 9147 wrote:I know that these will get the CDOT logo's like the 833, and 836 did, but will they get an eventual full paint job to take off the Amtrak colors?
CDOT Logos? What do they look like? Are they the CDOT P32ACDM type?
  by DutchRailnut

If you go back one page you see a picture showing you the logo's
  by Kaback9

NortheastTrainMan wrote:
M1 9147 wrote:I know that these will get the CDOT logo's like the 833, and 836 did, but will they get an eventual full paint job to take off the Amtrak colors?
CDOT Logos? What do they look like? Are they the CDOT P32ACDM type?
Check the NJT or Amtrak forum some how a discussion went on there about CDOT logos on P40s
  by trainguy2024

842 on the Waterbury today at 2:30pm facing south with 4 ex-Virginia Cars. How many of those cars were purchased by CDOT?
  by DutchRailnut

33 coaches and 7 cab cars
  by FL9AC

842 on one shoreline trainset and 843 on the other as of this morning. 834 still holding down the one Danbury mini.
  by Kaback9

Nice Catch Bob!
  by FL9AC

The last remaining leased Amtrak P40 (834) came off it's danbury mini this morning with CDOT BL20GH 130 replacing it. The 834 is destined for New Haven and ultimately back to Amtrak for shoreline service mods. This means the branchlines will mainly have BL20GH's with the FL-9M/F10's as backups for now.
  by kitn1mcc

i had the 833 on my c-dot train tonight
  by DutchRailnut

There are no CDOT trains, there are CDOT funded trains, that either are run by MNCR or SLE.
the 833 is a SLE locomotive as are the other 7 P40's CDOT owns.
There are no plans to run any of these P40's on any MNCR trains, except those using SLE trainsets, like the Waterbury midday trains
  by Jeff Smith

They don't mention the specific loco types, but I would guess they are talking about the P40's.

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news/bus ... ve-upgrade
Hartford, Conn. — The state-run railroad that’s growing its New London service is due to get $2.3 million today to upgrade 14 of its locomotives.

The State Bond Commission is expected to approve the money during a 10:30 a.m. meeting in Hartford. Some local legislators are applauding the move for traffic and environmental reasons.

“The money is critical, if we are to get more people out of their cars and draw them to rail service,” state Rep. Steve Mikutel, D-Griswold, said in a press release. “I would like to see more money for our new locomotives, but we also have to maintain our existing fleet.”
Shore Line East is operated by the state Department of Transportation in conjunction with Amtrak. The rail began running expanded New London service on May 10 with six weekday trains.
I don' tknow if I like the wording above; a clearer description would be the trains are operated by Amtrak under a contract let by CDOT.
  by Fan Railer

Sarge wrote:They don't mention the specific loco types, but I would guess they are talking about the P40's.

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news/bus ... ve-upgrade
Hartford, Conn. — The state-run railroad that’s growing its New London service is due to get $2.3 million today to upgrade 14 of its locomotives.

The State Bond Commission is expected to approve the money during a 10:30 a.m. meeting in Hartford. Some local legislators are applauding the move for traffic and environmental reasons.

“The money is critical, if we are to get more people out of their cars and draw them to rail service,” state Rep. Steve Mikutel, D-Griswold, said in a press release. “I would like to see more money for our new locomotives, but we also have to maintain our existing fleet.”
Shore Line East is operated by the state Department of Transportation in conjunction with Amtrak. The rail began running expanded New London service on May 10 with six weekday trains.
I don' tknow if I like the wording above; a clearer description would be the trains are operated by Amtrak under a contract let by CDOT.
upgrade......whatever that means.....XP
  by DutchRailnut

2.3 million for 14 locomotives ?? thats $165 K per locomotive, no much of an upgrade, thats barely a overhaul with a paintbrush.