Railroad Forums 

• New Jersey Transit Assistant Conductor Test

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1361883  by lbissio734

How are you guys after Appling so many times to NJT i finally received a letter to take the test for assistant conductor this coming Monday, any tips what to study or how the interview process goes , any help will be greatly appreciate it
 #1367203  by lbissio734

It was actually pretty simple , a lot of math reading and problem solving only bad part was that u have certain amount of time to answer the questions which is only 5 mins. I recieved noticed 2 weeks ago that i passed im just waiting for an interview which can take a long time
 #1367467  by Railroader11

That's great hopefully it's sooner than later. I currently work for Norfolk southern. I took the test back in November. I'm pretty bummed I didn't pass . I just mailed in form to hopefully get a re-test. Anyone have info on the wait period to be re-tested
 #1369472  by jph3158

This is an initial test for me. I've applied 30 plus times for locomotive engineer. Then letter for this position came out of the blue. Going to just review all basic math I guess, hope I can find practice questions online. For anyone else applying I've faxed, mailed, hand delivered applications on and off for 2 years. Good luck all
 #1372358  by Kwiktt

Don't get your hopes up. Over 1 year ago I took the test for train dispatcher. The proctor said same thing, they would mail the test results in 2 weeks and everyone that passed would get an interview. I received the test results saying that I passed. Haven't heard anything since......