• New Jersey Transit Assistant Conductor Test

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by lbissio734

pass the test , pass interview , filled out all paperwork , completed medical and ive been waiting for a class to open up for almost 3 months , any body had any luck???

any news will be gladly appreciate it
  by jph3158

rumored class is starting soon. I passed the test, got a call right away for an interview and did well, was told i'd get a call for a medical evaluation and as of now haven't. Few weeks after the interview i got a letter thanking me for interview and said basically just waiting for positions to become available.
  by FlashingAspect

So what was the interview like? Do you remember any of the questions they asked you?
lbissio734 wrote:pass the test , pass interview , filled out all paperwork , completed medical and ive been waiting for a class to open up for almost 3 months , any body had any luck???

any news will be gladly appreciate it
What was the interview like? Do you remember any of the questions they asked you?
  by FlashingAspect

DestinationUnknown wrote:As is mine. 80k is a gross misrepresentation.
Are you disputing that the gross income amount posted online at data.nj.gov does not represent the real amounts workers are paid? My buddy works for NJ transit bus and when I showed him his salary online he said it was very accurate. I'd be very interested in knowing if those numbers are inflated. you can PM me if you don't want to post publicly.

https://data.nj.gov/Governor-s-Transpar ... /kiki-imre
  by NJTforever

Today I received a letter from transit telling me that I was invited to take a test on the 28th of this week for the Assistant Conductor position. I'm with Norfolk Southern now, may some some please offer some insight into the test. Is it hard, what should I look over? Also into the whole hiring process and is moving from NS to Transit a good move if they offer a job? The anxiety is killing me.
  by FlashingAspect

There are a few other posts on here about this. I recently took the exam with zero rail experience. I thought it was very easy. It is three parts... 1)matching. 2) counting / basic adding, subtracting, multiplication, & division. 3) reading passages and answering questions.

There isn't enough time to finish all of the math questions so do not panic just answer as many as you can. By contrast the reading section you have so much time you won't know what to do with yourself you can take your time and read each passage thoroughly and then answer the questions

GOOD LUCK!
  by NJTforever

I panicked while doing the math section, I wish I had practiced my mental math skills. Hopefully I passed... if not then welp. I didn't expect for the time to move so quickly.
  by Railroader11

How long after you pass the test do you get an interview? I got my passing results July 2nd. No interview yet
  by matawanaberdeen

With the way they work, I hate to say you'll be lucky if you ever do. There were people on here that passed the tests for dispatcher a few years, YES YEARS, and never got an interview. These people took time out of their lives, out of their day and probably missed a days work, passed the tests and never heard a thing again. I hope you have better luck.
  by jph3158

finally moving on to the next step. Got a call out of the blue to come in for my physical. Odd part was the woman that i spoke to had the impression i was doing it again and that my previous one expired. I never got a call to take it before so guessing NJT dropped the ball on my notification months ago. Anyway pumped to be moving onto the the next stage. She indicated that a class might start in late Oct or early Nov.

Good luck to all that are moving along in the SLOW process. I initially applied for this job years ago and then one day randomly received a letter to take the written test. Anyone have a heads up on what i should bring to the physical? she said to just bring my signed offer letter but i fear they'll want something else when i get there.
  by lbissio734

I just took my medical on Tuesday , just waiting to take physical and waiting for the class to start

good luck to all , if anybody gets a class start date let us know
  by FlashingAspect

I got call for medical today! No info as far as when the class starts yet.
  by jph3158

looks like they're moving right along. Whats the difference between a medical and physical?
  by jph3158

Well that was fun. Physical was ok, but cause I'm larger Dr said I have to take a sleep study test. Hoping it gets all done before a class starts. Anyone else have to do this? Nurse said it's because of my neck being 18inches.
  by FlashingAspect

jph3158 wrote:looks like they're moving right along. Whats the difference between a medical and physical?
The physial isn't done in maplewood. It is a separate "functional capacity evaluation". It will be done in Union NJ.

Supposidly we will all be scheduledfor this at the exact same time and our class will meet for the first time.