• UP Olympic engine on CSX Q390-20 - 11/21

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by roadster

Q390-20 passed through Fairport NY e.bd at 3:55P, with UP 2001 leading. UP 2001 is the 2001 Olympic games tribute engine painted in a very nice 2-tone blue sceme. Should be in Selkirk tonight. Does anyone have a photo of this unit they could share here? I was working on the B791 local and stuck in the industrial siding in Fairport for over 4 hours waiting for a hole in the traffic working around the tie gang east of Fairport, no camera available.

by trainfreak

The Olympic units always seem to end up in the area every few months. I remember about mid summer one of the two units came down CSX's Riverline on Q160. I didnt see it but saw pictures of it and it was a beautiful unit.
  by MP366

Roadster...e-mail me at [email protected] and we can make arangements to get you a picture or two....the Olympic unit sat at 367 on the controlled siding almost as long as you guys did!

by sd80mac

I saw both of them last july... Got the photo...

I caught 2002 twice in same day... After work, i went to weedsport immendately and 5 min later.. it showed up... then i went back on thruway at exit 41 because of accident on thruway between weedsport and Port bryon. And then I hurried to get off at Leroy exit and went up to Bergen... yup...beat this train by 5 minutes...

however both units were trailing. The day that they were going to NJ, they were leading... but there was no WYE in NJ, therefore both of them ended up become trailing...